Thursday, February 11, 2010

Do You Chris & Tell?


I. Am. So. EXCITED.


Well, way more excited than this girl, at least. Even though her makeup does look fab.

I managed to track down a Lancome counter that hasn't already pre-sold-out of the latest Pout-a-Porter shade - Chris & Tell by Chris Benz! I'm officially on the list, with two tubes reserved (cause I'm an awesome friend like that) and I will be there bright and early on Valentine's Day to pick them up.

You've probably heard about the Pout-a-Porter shades before. Basically, Lancome makes a shade for one designer each season and the models wear it exclusively on the runway for that season. Usually these are impossible to get a hold of, and honestly? I haven't been particularly interested in most of them. I did manage to get my hands on the first one, Behnaz, a beautiful bright red shade made for Behnaz Sarafpour in Fall 2006.

The other shades have been a little...eh, at least for me. I just wasn't inspired by or in love with any of them.

Proenza Schouler's Proenza Pink was a massive hit, and even sold on eBay for a ridiculous $122.50. FOR LIPSTICK. That is insane!


I don't like this shade. Not at all. I don't think it's particularly flattering, though I understand the craze. I'm just not a huge fan of the uber-light lips in general, so this one wasn't cutting it for me.

Next was Peter Som's P.S. Kiss.


This one is actually a really pretty color, I just don't tend to wear darker shades like this, so I wasn't too excited.

Following that was Pixel Pink for Thakoon.


Kind of looks like your basic nude-ish pinky color, right? Very pretty, but again, it just didn't make me drool over it and start calling all over the state to every Lancome counter I could find.

Chris & Tell, though... Man, I've been hearing about this shade nonstop since it premiered in the Spring 2010 Chris Benz show.


All the swatches and test photos are beautiful and the peachy-coral color is perfect to get you through the end of winter and into spring.


Here's one of the models from the runway show. I love how fresh the makeup is, though those eyelashes look a little spidery...but maybe it was supposed to be that way? I guess you never know with runway beauty. Either way, I love the look and I can't wait to get my lipstick!

It retails for $25 and will be available for purchase on February 14th at Saks Fifth Avenue counters around the country. If you want it I would highly recommend calling around to get a tube or two on hold because pre-sales are going fast. I had to call four stores before finding one that wasn't already sold out.

So, what do you think? Is this one worth the hype? I think so!

Have you tried any of the other Pout-a-Porter shades?I'd love to hear about them!

8 comments:

itsybitsyknitsy on February 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM said...

I used to work for Lancome (and Clinique, Lacoste, Dior, Makeup Forever... I could go on) and people would get down right pissy if they couldn't get one of these limited edition items. I've actually had a phone book, cell phone, bottle of perfume... you name it - thrown at me when I said they were pre-sold out lol.

leelee on February 11, 2010 at 5:03 PM said...

See, that's insane! I would never in my life get pissy with a salesperson over that. It's not their fault that I missed out. It's not like they don't want to sell me something. You just have to be proactive if you want a product, not just expect that it will be available.

People are SO obnoxious sometimes. On behalf of all those ridiculous people who tried to throw things at you, I am deeply sorry :)

Unknown on February 11, 2010 at 8:45 PM said...

oh. wow. if that colour does not scream spring and tan I don't know what does!

leelee on February 11, 2010 at 9:25 PM said...

I know, right! I'm going crazy waiting for winter to go away, but I'm sure this will help :)

Amanda on February 11, 2010 at 9:32 PM said...

I am so excited, too!!!! <3

leelee on February 12, 2010 at 11:37 AM said...

You should be! :)

emily on February 19, 2010 at 10:57 AM said...

i had no idea they sell out of makeup. how do you know these things?

also, i like the spidery-mascara girls makeup. it's supposed to be like that - the doe-eyed thing. but that lipstick color is so pretty. make me look like that when i come to visit! makeup sleepover day!

leelee on February 19, 2010 at 10:28 PM said...

The lipstick is AWESOME. I will totally make you look just like that next time you're here, Em! :) Doe eyes and all.