Thursday, December 3, 2009

And baby you can turn me on...




"No, don't get me wrong, ain't gonna do you no harm,
This bomb's made for lovin' and you can shoot it far,
I'm your main target, come and help me ignite,
Love struck holding you tight..." ~Tom Jones

Yep, that's right, I just quoted the awesometastic "Sex Bomb" by Tom Jones. I couldn't help it. The name of this fragrance by Viktor & Rolf immediately makes me think of this song, and then I'm left with it stuck in my head FOREVER.

I mean, come on... It's called Flowerbomb. I cannot be the only one who's made the connection...

Irregardless, I am completely in love with this perfume.

My other faves include Miss Dior Chérie, Narciso Rodriguez 'For Her', Chanel Chance, Viva La Juicy, and Bond No. 9 Chinatown, so I think this one fits into the mix pretty well.

The description for Flowerbomb is " a floral explosion" and its notes (for those of you who understand these things - cause I certainly have no idea) are tea & bergamot (top), sambac jasmine, orchid, freesia, & rose (middle), and patchouli (base).

Okay, so that's definitely mumbo jumbo to me... Mostly, I just think this stuff is AWESOME! Seriously, I tore open the little sample paper that came in my Lord & Taylor catalog yesterday and it just made me smile. Very few perfumes make me smile... I hate scents that are too strong or too spicy or anything like that and about 95% of the time I recoil from a sample in disgust. Not so with Flowerbomb. Insta-happy all the way.

Surely that's a sign that I must own it, right?

Of course right.

Anybody else a fan?

[photo credit: cupcake.fr]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flowerbomb is my FAVE. I first found out about summer of 2007 while I was working at a camp in Pennsylvania. One of my co-counselors had it and i was in love!! Right after camp, i bought it at Saks in NYC!

leelee on December 3, 2009 at 2:58 PM said...

OMG love at first smell, right?? I definitely need to pick some up immediately. Maybe it will be my holiday gift to myself! :)

Unknown on December 29, 2009 at 2:31 PM said...

YES- Amazing, I am very particular and this is LOVE AT FIRST SMELL- yummy!

leelee on December 29, 2009 at 6:13 PM said...

Yummy is a great way to put it! I got a bottle of this for the holidays and I was probably more excited about this than any of the other gifts I received!