Saturday, January 16, 2010

Orgasm All Over?


I think Nars is attempting to take over the world, one orgasm at a time.

As a huge fan of the original Orgasm Blush, I am wondering just how far they can milk this color... I mean, good God, there is Orgasm blush, Orgasm Lip Gloss, Orgasm The Multiple, and Orgasm Nail Polish. There is even a Super Orgasm blush.

I feel like maybe they should get a new shtick, no?

Apparently the Powers-That-Be over at Nars disagree with me.

Their latest addition to the Orgasm line?


Orgasm Illuminator.

Hmm... Really? Check out the details straight from Nars over at Blogdorf Goodman. Basically, they say you can use it all over your face for a "healthy glow" (this seems more like a recipe for disaster, though) or just as a regular highlighter for your cheeks/neck/shoulders/décolletage...

Uhm, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's essentially the same thing you would use the Orgasm Multiple for, isn't it?

I don't know, maybe I'm just a little too skeptical. I also really dislike liquid illuminator, so maybe I'm biased.

Maybe it's a fabulous product, I just don't see myself ever buying it.

Also... Can we talk for a moment about the promotional images for this latest campaign?


WHAT IS THIS? Did I fall into a coma and wake up in the original Melrose Place?? I can't decide if she's wearing too much blush, or too little, or if it's just the placement that's throwing me off. I also can't figure out WHY people keep insisting on brushing eyebrows UP inside of to the side? Why do they think that looks attractive? Why would you ever intentionally make your eyebrows MORE bushy??

Also, what's with the visible lip liner?? And the tacky earrings? And the irritatingly perfect blow out?

Seriously, she looks like her name would be Muffy and that she's about to attend a polo match in the Hamptons. She also looks like she subscribes to the "This is How We Do Things Big Book, East Coast WASP Edition."

I just don't get it. At all.

What do you think? Ready for a new Orgasm highlighter?

[photo credits: blogdorfgoodman.blogspot.com, NARS PR]

3 comments:

itsybitsyknitsy on January 16, 2010 at 6:55 PM said...

Is visible lipliner back?
I hope not - that looks... wow. That is just not a good picture at all. WAY too much blush - and I cannot stand visible lip liner

Meli Biasotti on January 16, 2010 at 9:53 PM said...

OMG, she looks like my grandmother. I bet she has a pair of earings like those. SO OLD AND AWFUL! Of course my grandma looks like a rock star, not a Melrose place actress

leelee on January 17, 2010 at 1:18 AM said...

itsybitsyknitsy - I am so with you hoping it's not back! I was completely horrified when I saw the photo! And somehow that got through the makeup artist, the photo editor, the advertising and PR people... Did NO ONE question WTF they were thinking??

Meli - Seriously old and awful! I bet your grandma could totally rock that look, though! Grandmas are cool like that. Twenty year old models? Not so much. I still can't figure out who let this one slide!