Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cause You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman


All-in-one products make me happy.

When you give me a whole kit of pre-matched eye-shadows complete with little cards to tell me the goof proof way of getting a fabulous "natural eye"? I'm freakin' thrilled.

So here's my newest favorite thing ever:

Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection





















This kit pretty much covers all the basics - color, highlight, smudge and mix and match to get the perfect natural (and not so natural) look.

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my eye makeup a lot of the time. I tend to stick with either one color all over or a slightly darker color on the lid and then a quick highlighting color under the brows, add tons of mascara and viola - looks like I spent way more time on it than I did.

But when you idiot-proof it for me and I don't have to think? SWEET.

That's what this kit does. Sure, they give you those cute cards with a couple examples and they're great basic looks. But they give you NINE very pretty shadows. You can mix and match to your heart's content and still not come out looking like a crazy MAC ad (as much as I adore MAC, nobody needs fuchsia eye shadow. Why would you want to make yourself look like you had a raging case of pink-eye? I just don't get it.)

So the kit isn't all that cheap, but you do get nine shadows for $34 bucks, which is an average of about $3.78 per shadow - that's totally a drug-store price. Just pretend you went on a splurge!

I definitely think it's worth it and I've been using this little baby almost every day since getting it.

Plus, I just love the names of the eye shadows. Can someone hire me to come up with names like that? How awesome would that be? Almost as fun as being the one to come up with the OPI or Essie nail polish names.

Here's what you get:


Heaven (matte ivory)
Velvet Revolver (matte taupe)
Sexpresso (matte deep brown)

Silk Teddy (peach champagne shimmer)
Push-Up (light bronze shimmer)
Erotica (soft charcoal shimmer)

Nude Beach (champagne shimmer with gold glitter)
Honey Pot (gold shimmer)
Cocoa Puff (warm chocolate brown shimmer)

The directions stick using the colors together by row, but I've pretty much just been picking whatever colors I want and going for it and so far it's worked pretty well. My favorites so far are Silk Teddy and Erotica. Sexpresso is also a pretty awesome shade to use as an eyeliner. All of the shadows have a great silky texture that blends effortlessly, never flakes, and stays on all day. The best part is really that all nine colors are practical and easy to wear. I love Urban Decay palettes as much as the next girl, but the chances of using all of the colors on a regular basis in those is slim to none. You'll definitely get much more use out of this.

So yeah, basically... GO GET THIS! You won't regret it. I promise.

Check out this review from Karen at The Makeup and Beauty Blog for a ton of color swatches and more info.

[photo credits: sephora.com]

0 comments: