Friday, September 4, 2009

Gossip Girl Meets the Roaring 20's


Oh no! My favorite Upper East Siders graduated at the end of last season! How am I supposed to deal without seeing Serena's inventive and inappropriate variations on a school uniform? Or Blair's Queen Bee headbands??!!

Okay, if you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about... No worries. I've got you covered.

Here's the recipe:

1. Take one part Beverly Hills 90210 for the rich kids with little-to-no parental supervision

2. Add two parts Dawson's Creek for the far-too-witty-to-be-high-schoolers dialogue and the romantically incestuous group of frenemies

3. Blend together and spread out all over a super glamorous backdrop - Manhattan (without any of those pesky realities like subways, crowds, closet-sized-apartments with five roommates, etc.) and the occasional tragically-hip neighborhood in Brooklyn

4. Sprinkle in some straight-from-the-runway fashions and accessories (some that I wouldn't hesitate selling my soul straight to the devil for)

5. Top with more teenager angst than the last twenty years of soap operas combined

6. Promote with some raunchyyyyyyyyyyyy ad campaigns just to piss off any potential Puritans who might catch a glimpse

VIOLA! Gossip Girl Souffle! A light and airy, yet sinfully delicious guilty pleasure with an outstanding wardrobe, unbelievably good-looking cast, moderately acceptable acting, and an absurd amount of fun.

I love seeing the photos from the set of Gossip Girl and this latest batch certainly doesn't disappoint. As far as I can tell from what I've read so far, it looks like the gang is heading to a 20's themed Halloween party and their costumes are gorgeous!


Here are the lovely ladies - from left to right:

Blake Lively (as Serena Van Der Woodsen) - What can I even say? HOT.

Hilary Duff (guest starring) - She's adorable and that dress is beautiful. You go, Lizzie McGuire!

Taylor Momsen (as Jenny Humphrey) - No. Just NO. No way, no how, just... UGH. I'm not sure who Taylor pissed off in the wardrobe department, but they consistently give her the short end of the stick. And, please, for the love of everything holy... EAT SOMETHING.

Leighton Meester (as Blair Waldorf) - Unfortunately, this is the only shot I could find of her in costume and you only get a glimpse of white fringe and a few layers of a dark necklace. Leighton's outfits rarely disappoint me, though, so I'm not concerned about her. I'm still very concerned about Taylor. In fact, I cringe every time I look at that photo.

And though there's less for me to comment on with the boys, I've got to say that they're not lookin' too shabby themselves.


Ed Westwick (as Chuck Bass), Penn Badgley (as Dan Humphrey), and Chace Crawford (as Nate Archibald) are definitely all bring the sexy back to my television screen. Can't wait!
Okay, I have to do a close up of Serena's outfit, the details deserve a full on Oh.Em.Gee.


Sparkles and lace and satin and that flower at the bottom... Le sigh. Be still my heart.

So, what do you think? Anyone else a fan?

0 comments: