Thursday, September 10, 2009

To New Beginnings (and a New Beverly Hills Beach Club)


Anybody remember the awesome beach club that Brandon worked at and everyone else partied at? Sadly, the new 90210 has upgraded since the early 90's and the old club is nowhere in sight. I mean, okay, everything does look pretty swanky and everything... But it's just not the same. Sigh.

Just for nostalgia's sake, here's the old gang:


Awww. Love them!

But back to the topic at hand... The new gang was back and looking more fabulous than ever. There was crying and laughing and sex, oh my! The Mean Girls have been reunited, there's a new Mysterious Hottie in town, and a John Doe has officially been pronounced dead. But who really cares about the storyline? All drama aside, let's talk about the clothes, shall we?

We first see our favorite juvenile delinquents in their last moments of summer school (an unfortunate consequence of a massive party that was busted up at the end of last season) and the fun quickly gets underway. Naomi, Silver, and Adrianna (played by AnnaLynne McCord, Jessica Stroup, and Jessica Lowndes respectively) hop into their convertible and cruise down to the Beverly Hills Beach Club.

Side note - I was recently in LA for the first time and was saddened to find out that the original BH Beach Club isn't a real place, since apparently Beverly Hills isn't actually on the beach. In fact, the location used (which was also used as the "Malibu Sands Beach Club" on Saved By The Bell) was unfortunately damaged in the 1994 Northride earthquake and no longer available.

So here are the girls, in their awesome color coordinated Ray-Bans and ice cream cones.


And in case you were wondering what absurdly wealthy teenagers in Beverly Hills wear to relax by the pool?


Super high heels, of course! Duh! Let the relaxation commence! Though, I gotta tell you, I am loving the 40's pin-up girl look Adrianna has going on here.

After some splish-splashy good times, everyone apparently heads home to re-style themselves and then head back to the club for the beach party. Now... Why wouldn't they just throw on a cover up over their swimsuits, you ask? After all... There is sand and water and everyone knows a beach party means super casual, right?

Nope. That's just not how those Beverly Hills kids roll.

Instead, they roll a little something like this:


I actually...kind of...maybe just a little bit...like it? Actually... I might even love it. I'm not crazy about that pink/red strappy dress on Naomi, but I don't hate it. It fits her well and it's not nearly as skanky as it could be, so yay! I love Adrianna's drapey Grecian goddess dress. The color is lovely and looks amazing with her pale skin and dark flowing hair.

As for Silver... Oh Silver, how I want your outfit (I wouldn't say no to having that body to go with it, not gonna lie)... It's stylish and chic, a little edgy and rocker-girl with that belt, and oh.em.gee those heels are ah-MAZE-ing.


Seriously FIERCE. What is not so fierce is the weird synchronized dance thing going on in the picture on the right there... I have no idea what was going on. I've never seen or heard of that particular party dance and come on... I am not that old and out of touch just yet. It also amuses me that Silver's newly cropped (and super adorable) hair was straight at the beginning of the party and then was suddenly wavy once the dancing started. There are people on television sets who's job it is to make sure there are no continuity mistakes like that. Clearly someone dropped the ball on that one. Hire me instead! I'll totally pay attention!

The kind of attention that would make me question how Adrianna's hair grew about seventeen feet over the summer! That has always been one of my biggest pet peeves with TV shows... Nobody ever comments on hair changes! Why wouldn't they just have Adrianna say a quick line about how she just got back from getting hair extensions, or at least have someone else comment on how great her hair looks... Something. ANYTHING!


But, irritation aside, the girl looks stunning with the new hair. It's probably hard to make a beautiful girl like that look bad, but I definitely think the long hair suits her much more. I'm not thrilled with the bright red lipstick with a lilac dress (it was way brighter on screen than in this photo) but I can handle it. And let me just say, for a former-child-star-turned-pregnant-reformed-junkie who gave her baby up for adoption a few months before this party, Adrianna is lookin' hawt. You go girl. You just keep on rockin' those extensions, darlin'.

If the premiere episode is any indication - I can't wait for the rest of the season in all its fashionable glory!

[photo credits: tvguide.com, cwtv.com]

0 comments: