Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hermione Granger Grows Up


Wow, Hermione Granger really has come a long way, hasn't she? How gorgeous is this ruffled red dress on the lovely Emma Watson? So I know these pictures are kind of old (I think this was back in April of this year) but apparently I missed the memo the first time around. This is from the set of the latest film in the series - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Our favorite wizards were shooting in London's Piccadilly Square and I just couldn't get over how much I love this dress. I don't so much love those bridesmaid-ish shoes, but since it's technically a costume for Hermione I suppose I can let it slide.

I searched far and wide but nobody seems to know who the designer of this might be, however it does remind a lot of people of the Vogue Italia photo spread she did last year. What do you think?

The dresses are very similar in style, but obviously the Vogue dress is substantially more ornate. My guess would be that the Harry Potter costume designers specially made the dress just like they made the dress she wore in the 4th film - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Irregardless (yes, I know this isn't technically a word, but I like it anyway - sue me), I think the dress is beautiful and so is Emma.

[photo credits: justjaredjr.buzznet.com, entertainmentwise.com, beautyconfessional.net]

2 comments:

Laura Moore on November 23, 2009 at 6:51 PM said...

I'm obsessed with this dress too! I've looked EVERYWHERE for something similar but I'm having a seamstress make it for me.

leelee on November 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM said...

So glad I'm not the only one!

And that's definitely one way to get it done! Good luck!! I'd love to hear how it turns out - definitely give me a shout out whenever it's finished! :)